Sunday, 22 November 2009

Graduation and Grant

I had my Graduation ceremony on Friday and I'll get some pictures up from that as soon as I can get them from Ceri :)

So yesterday Ceri and I ended up dancing in front of Hugh Grant, something I wouldn't have been able to predict in a million years.



After a flying visit to the Westfield Centre in Shepards Bush (which is completely stunning architecture, I want to go back and gawp at it all for a whole day some time) went to see Salad Days at the Riverside Studios in London where amusingly we were given graduation scrolls as we sat down, I had not been given one on stage the previous day, for some reason we were just doing the handshake thing. The musical was fantastic and I completely recommend anyone who can to go see it before it goes, it is totally uplifting and lovely.

Part way through I noticed that Hugh Grant was sitting in the audience; he seems to always have a slightly sheepish look on his face, bless. I think he'd tried to sit on the end of the row out of the way but the actors ended up using his particular corner several times, still Ceri and Caroline didn't notice him until I pointed him out.

Later during the musical, the actors were dancing and encouraging others to come and join them 'on stage' (the stage was floor level with seating rising up on both sides). So Ceri and I ended up being pulled out to dance, which was hilarious but I'm sure I was terrible. Explaining does somewhat ruin the magic of the concept but I still find myself smiling at the silly thought.



No comments: